Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Neither here nor there, but busy somehow

.

Happy equinox, y'all. Can you feel the moment of balance?

I never feel balanced at either of the equinoxes, but I figure at least night and day are balanced, so if I'm wobbly, it's OK. A strange sort of logic, hey? Makes sense to me.

A busy day. But I wanted to post the collage below. Every day I learn a little more about that tree. He is amazing. Happy Wednesday. Shalom.


That's Mary McLeod Bethune giving Mr. Tree the staredown, or so it seems.

7 comments:

Lisa Ursu said...

Perfect title!
Happy equinox to you Reya.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

fabulous portrait of the tree - you will have to introduce me.


see you SOOOOOOON!!

Reya Mellicker said...

Thanks Liza.

Kim: TOMORROW!! We will walk the circuit, then go look at snapshots. FUN!!

ellen abbott said...

Busy, yah.

I know things need the period of rest but I don't care for the shortening days. I like the weather fine but not the diminishing daylight.

Karen said...

Okay, this makes me feel a bit better. I've been struggling with a headache and some other assorted head weirdness today and have definitely felt very wobbly! And I thought: ruh roh, I'm supposed to be balanced; is this bad? :)

Perhaps with balance in mind somewhere in my subconscious, I cancelled my class tomorrow morning so I can rest. Tomorrow IS another day!

Reya Mellicker said...

Karen, I thank you for taking care of yourself, and I bet your head thanks you, too!

Anonymous said...

Funny how some trees definitely feel like a he or she energy. I always felt a large tree in the front yard of a previous residence took the form of a very menacing male sort of physicality, brooding and threatening - my daughter, only very young at the time,expressed the view that it was a "nasty tree,not nice at all".Took me aback a bit. How do you know? I said. "It just is" was the reply.Some trees you'd like to be introduced to. While some trees just don't want to know.
I like your tree!