Monday, February 21, 2011

Between



Being a shaman is not glamorous. It's interesting, yes, but fun? I wouldn't call it fun, not most of the time. I am definitely a reluctant shaman.

It has been, to be perfectly honest, a rather scary week. Though perhaps unnecessary, I'll lay out the trajectory of this shamanic adventure before I get to the substance of the psychic download. Is that OK?

Last Tuesday, as I drove my zipcar to the supermarket, the sun just happened to be shining at the perfect angle so I was blinded by reflections in the rear view mirrors of the cars in front of me. That kind of blinding light is something I associate with messengers of the Sky God. (Insert disclaimer here.) I noticed, definitely. I notice these things. I even said out loud, "I see you. I'll pay attention."

But I didn't.

Last week I was deeply immersed in the novel, The Journey by H.G. Adler, I was soaking in the second world war, so I kind of forgot about the blinding reflections. Wednesday, the Sufi acupuncturist "prescribed" the song I Will Be Light by Matisyahu, as a part of my treatment. I had not mentioned the blinding reflections to him, but I did take note. I thought to myself, Whoa. The Sky God has something to tell me. I should listen. But then I went back to my WWII reveries.

Thursday I took a big walk, and couldn't help but notice the Star Mandarins, up close and personal, at the Washington Monument. Well. Finally, I paid attention. I brought my mind/heart back from WWII to the present moment. It was like coming out of warp speed into an energetic maelstrom. Holy cow.

Friday was a whopper of a day. Indeed I was able to see so clearly all weekend - too clearly for comfort. I become frightened when I'm that clear, when I can see things too distinctly. It freaks me out.

What followed was a big ole psychic download that has been ongoing since Friday. The trajectory of the download is now easing, making it possible for me to begin to put what came through into words. People who channel all the time ... how do they do it? If I didn't have my "sanity tools": groundedness, mindfulness, humor, light-heartedness, and the pervasive knowledge that I might be just plain nuts, I might really go over the edge.



The substance of the "download" echoes what many astrologers have been saying, that this is a time in human history of personal and collective reinvention. This is the time of the Tower card (from the tarot) when things are shaking, shaking. Look at northern Africa. Bloody hell, things are shaking there. In Wisconsin, things are shaking. Here in DC, the government may shut down for awhile. Shake it, shake it.

What the Star Mandarins tell me is that the mechanisms by which we have co-created our personal and collective destinies have been unhinged. The Star Mandarins are in the process of creating a new matrix for this co-creation, something brand new. Did you have crazy dreams over the weekend? If so, you're part of this, too - or so I think, anyway.

That's why the Star Mandarins are down so close to the surface, checking us out. The truth is, they're kind of impressed by us, they're watching us create a planetary "neural" network here on the internet. They're fascinated by the way we're finding cohorts, friends, and clan through FB and here and on Twitter and in other ways. They're watching us as we make unprecedented interconnections. In Egypt, this way of interconnecting helped create a revolution. It can also work in terms of evolution. If the Star Mandarins had eyebrows, they would be raised right now. If they had mouths, they would be saying, "oh wow."

The Star Mandarins do their jobs, it's what they do. They find us rather disgusting physically, but lately they're taking a hard look at us. They're understanding that we're capable of a whole lot more than they ever gave us credit for. What we're creating here, this brand new kind of community - well - they would never have imagined we had it in us to do this, to make common cause in this radically different way. It's what we have to do in order to evolve to the next level, or so they say.

There is so much more to say about this, but enough for tonight. I've done my shamanic duty; I've listened and I'm translating what I've "heard" as best I can. For the rest of tonight: stupid movies. Oh yeah. I'll write more tomorrow.

22 comments:

Dan Gurney said...

Thanks, Reya. You are NOT crazy. There are plenty of crazy people running around, and Washington DC has way more than its share of people who are just plain nuts. Sacramento, too. But you're not crazy.

At least in my book.

The Gary Larsen cartoon made me laugh so hard it hurts.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

I feel it Reya.

When I have a strange feeling or something seems off, or big or different - I know I'll find some sort of answer here. Perhaps some people who do go "nuts" just don't have the "sanity tools" that you do.

steven said...

reya what if "out there" and "in here" were terms that didn't exist. how would we describe the otherness that pervades our days to whatever degree we are available to it? i admire you for letting whatever is to flow through you and then to slow it donw enough to make snse to yourself and then to whomever else is supposed to know. take care of your self. steven

Reya Mellicker said...

Dan, I thought about you all day today. You are doing EXACTLY what is needed in order to evolve - being mindful, kind, humorous. You're teaching. You're doing it. I salute you.

Reya Mellicker said...

Steven, you, too - like Dan and Jeanette - are doing the work of evolution, bringing good into the world. It's not a brand new message; you've known how to make it happen for a long time. I salute you, too!

Reya Mellicker said...

Don't worry, I'm OK. I received excellent training. I'm paying the bills, doing the laundry, and laughing at myself. Ha ha.

Dan Gurney said...

Cool. That's so cool. It warms me to know that you were thinking of me. I think of you, too.

I love steven's idea: what if "in here" and "out there" were terms that didn't exist? For there's really no reality connected to those words... well, some reality, but then again.... none.

whatever nuttiness we see out there is just as much in here, right?

Reya Mellicker said...

Definitely. I like a very complicated in there and out there way of describing the world. Makes it more interesting to me.

ellen abbott said...

I wondered what was going on. You have been less visible. Me? I'm in a mood, have been for a few days. As long as I am engaged in an activity I can sort of keep it at bay. I'm being as silent as I can lest I unwittingly let loose some unpleasantness. I'll be glad when this passes.

Reya Mellicker said...

It's passing for me, hope it does for you, too.

debra said...

holy transformation, Batman! Intense times indeed: dreams, vibrations, wacky weather. ohhhhhmmmmmmmmm

Reya Mellicker said...

Yeah. Ohmmmmmmmmm

Jo said...

I saw them on my drive last week, too, Reya. I'll have to pop the memory card into the computer to see if I caught the Star Mandarins who were over the Missouri sky.

The idea of interconnectedness is key. We are finally coming to realize there is nothing separating us from each other, the earth, the sky, and all the creatures "here" and "there".

COOL.

Reya Mellicker said...

Jo I REALLY want to see your pictures. Crazy. Whoa.

Tess Kincaid said...

Yes! Crazy dreams. And lying awake at 3:30 looking with renewed wonder at a sparkling venus shining through the night sky through my bedroom window.

Rose said...

My dreams are often crazy. I remember waking Monday morning soooo angry (really unusual for me) because of a dream. I was to catch a plane to mexico and I was so happy but my Dad was late and made me miss the plane so I pushed him over and broke biscuits over him.

Now I am all for dreams being symbolic. My Dad and I do not have that sort of relationship and he wasn't quite MY Dad either so I interpret the dream this way.....

Mexico = freedom (think Wild West, they always want to get over the border to escape oppression) and Dad = the whole patriarchal, authoritative, controling thing.

Although I read your blog all the time, I am not much of one for commenting! But when I feel the urge I sometimes get carried away (sorry) but I felt the need to share that dream with you here.

I (we?) may have missed the plane to enlightenment and freedom but there is always another.

Angela said...

I have been discussing these topics with SO MANY people lately - freedom of thought, North African rebelling youths, interconnection, trees telling us things, us opening up to each other via blogs and facebook, for the first time listening, wanting to learn - that it can hardly be plain coincidence, can it?

Reya Mellicker said...

Tess - YES YES. Of course you're part of this.

Rose you did not go overboard, and I also don't think you missed the plane, not at all. I love the toppling of the big ole daddy of the old age. Crumbled biscuits - god - that's just so perfect.

Angela of course you are tuned in, of course you are.

How cool! I love being part of this.

Anonymous said...

you my dear...are the most glamorous shaman i know...
xoxo

ps i must have your address wrong..your valentine came back :-(
have you ever heard of anything sadder than a returned valentine?
;-)

Natalie said...

Just yes. I have often felt that our physicality disgusts them too.I am glad we are resourceful though, even if we are 'homely'. :)

Karen M. Poremski said...

I'm catching up on blog-reading after a crazy-hectic week... Sweetie, thank you for sharing this information. I do not think you are just plain nuts; I admire your willingness to be of service to all the beings who communicate with you, including us human ones.

Big hugs!

Reya Mellicker said...

Karen thanks for the hugs, and for being part of this crazy time/space, and for being my friend.