Saturday, November 20, 2010

That was easy



There is so much more I want to say about secrets, for instance I want to write about how secrets are capsules of energy, liberating when released at the perfect moment, but really harmful when released inappropriately or before they become ripe for telling, or when told to the "wrong" person.

But that's not what I'm thinking about today.

What I'm thinking about today is the ephemeral nature of spirit. I'm remembering how, before I let go of my identification and association with Reclaiming and Feri traditions, I thought those two strains of energy were completely embedded in every strand of my DNA. I thought it wasn't possible to emerge from that involvement, that somehow I was stuck with it forever and ever.

However, once it became clear that I needed to "break up" with those traditions, the energy drained out of my body and being in a matter of a couple of days. The clean up, following the release, was another story, but the actual letting go? It was EASY. Go figure.

Someone told me a long time ago that it really is possible to break karmic connections with other people. I did not believe her, but this week I found out that not only is it possible, but in ways quite similar to my experience of moving out of Reclaiming and Feri, karmic connections with people I've known over many lifetimes can melt like ice on a hot summer day. The key isn't about struggling or fighting or pushing away. Nope. All I had to do was sincerely ask. I did a small ritual, but it wasn't the ritual that helped me make the break; that was divinely bestowed. Because I meant it when I asked, I think, and also because - at last - it was time.

Wow.

Are you feeling trapped by a situation you sincerely would like to be free of? Is the time ripe for emerging from that situation? My advice? Just ask. From your heart of hearts, just ask.

I love the mysterious way in which life unfolds. Thanks angels, guides and God. Thank you so much!

13 comments:

steven said...

letting go of endings and giving them a proper ending sending off - well it's so like the light falling through the night through the leaves that also eventually fall. steven

Reya Mellicker said...

Yeah, it's organic, natural. Whew!!

Whitney Lee said...

I'm not good at letting go. I think I hang onto things long after I should. Which is probably what makes me sometimes irritable and restless, a bit itchy, or twitchy, if you will.

I love the second picture.

Cheryl Cato said...

First, I love the photos, especially the second one. Magnificent!
I do not always quite understand your beautiful descriptions of "letting go" and other karmic bits; however, I think I have always been one to let something or someone go its own way. At times it has been difficult but once the decision has been made I rarely regret it.
I do look back over the years and see a zigzag pattern of my life and wonder what it would have been like if I had continued linearly through life. Of one thing I am certain I would not be in this place in this time.

ellen abbott said...

what song is that with the lyrics...'sometimes we live our lives in chains never knowing we have the key'.

It's amazing how simply true that is. Once you realize you have the key, that stuff just slips off.

Nancy said...

I've let go a few times. Liberating, absolutely liberating. I always envision the person being let go as a balloon floating up into the sky with me letting go of the string. They float out of my life and onto other adventures.

Reya Mellicker said...

For me it has always been a matter of believing I CAN'T let go, but as soon as I reach the right moment, the ties that bind evaporate into thin air.

Cheryl I believe a zig zag life is far preferable to the straight and narrow. More interesting.

Actually does anyone live life in a straight line? Hmmm....

Vicki said...

Thank you Reya! I am emerging as we speak. Learning to let go and just ask? I'll try and do just that! Love you!

Jo said...

Most rituals are meant to memorialize a significant event...I'd say that breaking a karmic connection with another soul is significant enough to warrant any ritual.

Congratulations on (finally?) learning that letting go is easier than you imagined.

Reya Mellicker said...

The ritual sets the intention, at least this one did. I'm thinking more and more that a big piece of my lifetime purpose this time around is to let go of so so so so many karmic attachments I've dragged around with me through numerous lifetimes.

Glad to "see" you here Vicki and Jo! Millions of tiny hearts to you both. L'chaim.

Kerry said...

Gosh you are full of questions these days. I'm still pondering loyalty, commitment, and devotion, wondering if you can have one without the others. I can't think about letting go just yet.

lettuce said...

wonderful when sometimes things are so much simpler than we expect

we have to open our fingers to let go, right?

Reya Mellicker said...

Lettuce, yeah. Sometimes my fingers must be PRIED open. I struggle and resist. Then whatever I didn't need falls away and I'm happy as a clam. Go figure.