Saturday, December 24, 2011

X mas



Ok so the Christmas blues found me, but I'm not giving them a lot of energy. This is a good thing. They're there, I won't deny it. Neither will I feed them by focusing on them. Nope.

I'm going to work this morning. This afternoon I'll go out and about, walk around this beautiful city in the abundant, sparkling sunshine. Maybe I'll get a bottle of prosecco for tonight at a friend's house, perhaps I'll have a really substantial late lunch since neither this friend, her husband or her visiting daugher are interested in feasting, hence there will be nothing more than a few old crackers and cheese at her house this evening.

My plan for tomorrow includes Sir Alec Guiness in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I've watched the first two episodes - wow! What a fantastic production. If the Gary Oldman picture is half as good, it'll be great.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the holiday. To the folks like myself who, by not celebrating, feel as if we're swimming upstream without a paddle, may the force be with you! And with me! Oh yeah.

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

yes, those of us who do not participate will be glad when it's all over for another year.

steven said...

it's interesting to feel the edge of people's despair and outsideness and lost in it allness and not just non-christians but people who might fill out a form and check "christian" just because. i don't enjoy much of what passes for christmas nowadays. my memories are so rich of the very simple and very careful processes that used to braid into what i knew as christmas and no, those aren't romanticized memories, they are the very real memories of a time when there simply wasn't the money to live up to whatever commercial trappings were possible at the time. i say find a delicious bottle, some small tasty foodlets and a good person or two and make a story entirely of your own creation and fly it like a kite above everything....... xo steven

Reya Mellicker said...

Thanks you two. And love to you both.

nerima roberts said...

I hope the next week will fly by and that the new year will bring you peace and good health.

As for Christmas, I have sad and happy memories. Because of this, I am always relieved to see January roll around.

Cheryl Cato said...

May peace, love, and happiness go with you into the new year. I have baked my mother's special cake for this season and can barely wait to test it. More on that tomorrow!