Saturday, December 17, 2011

All is well



I just took a walk through Eastern Market. All was calm and bright. Calm? What I remember about the last Saturday before Christmas is that it used to be a feeding frenzy, but maybe what I'm remembering is the last Saturday at shopping malls. You won't catch me at a shopping mall very often in any event, but especially at this time of year.

As for the nightmares, they have vamoosed. Yesterday I smudged my bedroom, washed the sheets, hung the dream catcher out in the blustery wind to clear it, and set my intention to have a night of peaceful sleep. All my ministrations worked, hence I am well rested, smiling, and good to go for this afternoon's clients.

It's a gloomy, cold, cloudy day, seasonally appropriate and nice for me since I will spend most of this afternoon working. When it's sparkling and sunny, no matter how much I'm enjoying the sessions, a part of me wants to be outside, walking around, taking pictures. Today could be a perfect day.

I'm happy to get back into the happy-hour-of-life state of mind. To all the beings and forces that helped me send those nightmares packing: thank you!

Happy Saturday. Shalom.

9 comments:

Carolina Linthead said...

Shabbat shalom, dear friend. Love.

Cyndy said...

I love that - the happy hour of life! It's too bad that can't be a permanent phase. I don't wanna grow up!

Cyndy said...

I love that - the happy hour of life! It's too bad that can't be a permanent phase. I don't wanna grow up!

Cyndy said...

Ooops, how'd that happen?

Butternut Squash said...

I had one of your ridiculous nightmares this morning. My son's teacher called to tell me that he had done something wrong and would have to stay at school the entire winter break. I woke up with my lips still screaming at the vice principal. Very strange because I love the teacher and my boy is truly and angel. I will have mimic some of your magic.

Kerry said...

Good! I'm glad to hear it. I hope tonight is the same.

Reya Mellicker said...

Cyndy, happy hour grows stale after awhile. At some point, you will want to go home and have a nice dinner.

Old age is great! I feel it, I do.

BTW today WAS a perfect day - working, dinner with a dear one at the Matchbox, oh yeah. Life is good and I am grateful!

Pauline said...

Your current light pictures have been wonderful to look at. Glad you have banished the nightmares - last night I dreamt I was in a newscast - nightmarish on its own!

steven said...

smudging's good reya! my classroom gets smudged periodically by my ojibway friend. he sings and drums the unnecessary stuff out as well. clear the dreamcatcher for sure . . . man those little things must carry a weight and a half!!! steven