Friday, December 16, 2011

How dare you?



Right now I am in the happy hour of life (if indeed morning = youth, afternoon = adulthood, and evening = old age). Hence I am absolutely determined to relax and have fun, roll with the punches, whatever they may be, not take things too literally or too seriously and do, as my friend Mary says, as I damn well please.

Which is why I'm a little annoyed to have had terrible nightmares about being homeless and stranded in San Francisco last night. Hey! It's too late in life for these nightmares. CAN YOU HEAR ME?? (Shouting at my unconscious.)

When I woke up, rather than hanging on to the spooky feeling, as I would have earlier in life, I felt angry. A super hot shower and an excellent bout of meditation and prayer seems to have broken the spell of these awful dreams. And now, onwards to a busy day of work here in the beautiful chateau with people I adore.

Life is good. I'm not letting a dream get in the way of enjoying it. So there!


This is not photoshopped. There are so many lights on the blue tree, the only way my camera can digitally express what's going on is to fuse them into a huge blue field of light.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Träume sind Schall und Rauch, is the German saying. Dreams are echo and smoke, not to be taken for real. They are like a kaleidosope of your daily impressions, so it`s your choice to make something of them or not. Good choice with this one!
And "old age" (which to me only begins at 85) is something good to look forward to. At 63 I feel as happy-hourly as can be!

ellen abbott said...

yeah, what's up with that? San Francisco is long ago and far away. I think you had the right response. no victim, you. Love the blue aura of the tree.

Reya Mellicker said...

Hello!!

Bad dreams, get thee behind me.

Ha. I'm fully recovered.

Linda Sue said...

The weight of the blues!

Reya Mellicker said...

Linda Sue - YES!

Steve Reed said...

Definitely the appropriate response. :)

Nancy said...

Dreams are just ways of working through unconscious flotsam. You are just fine.

steven said...

reya the story of the dream is what really intrigues me. the surface features are signposts - but you know that!!! what's the story of the dream?!!! blue lights - they sing to me . . but then coloured lights all sing to me in their own way . . . never toooooo much!! steven

Reya Mellicker said...

Steven, I had dinner with a friend who is haunted at the moment by a demon of her worst fears. That demon hitchhiked into my energy field, but could not cling because it isn't my demon.

That probably sounds crazy.