Wednesday, May 11, 2011

nataraja



In a few minutes I'm going to drag my sorry ass into the shower, get ready to go see the Sufi acupuncturist. My ass is dragging because I stayed up late having fun last night. (Actually I should not have referred to my ass as "sorry" because I am NOT sorry about laughing, talking, drinking wine and dancing around the chateau while listening to the Clash. I mean, really! Why would anyone feel sorry about that?)

It's another beautiful day in Washington DC today. My plans (after acupuncture) include a nice long walk which will include, no doubt, a whole lot of shamanic dancing. Yeah. Dance is part of the shamanic lifestyle always, (not just for me; all shamans dance), though there are periods of time when I focus more on perceiving the energy at hand rather than dancing the energy at hand. Right now it's all about the dance. In fact it occurred to me yesterday that I've upped the anty lately; I am perceiving energy through dance to a degree I have not experienced before. The dance itself has become more than a celebration of the energy, it has become a path into the energy. I wonder if that makes any sense. Please keep in mind that I'm slightly sleep deprived and slightly hungover, hence not as coherent as I prefer to be.

The astrologers I admire most are saying that when a bunch of planets find their way from Aries into Taurus tomorrow, the energy of the moment will settle down. Maybe that means I will settle down, too, at least a little bit.

Maybe. We shall see. Happy Wednesday.

6 comments:

glnroz said...

No, no need to "settle down",,,keep on a keepin'on,,,
and no, am quite sure not "sorry",,,

ellen abbott said...

dancing, dancing, dance to the music!

Reya Mellicker said...

Danced through the Gauguin exhibit at the National Gallery today. It is one of the best shows I've seen there. Wow.

C.M. Jackson said...

you got your fosse on--shimmy shake and have a good time...c

Tom said...

having trouble catching up to the rapidity and activity that spring brings...is that age or just a longggg winter refusing to give it up? Nothing a good nature walk won't cure, i suspect --might even try that dancing thing (in the cover of the woods)

Reya Mellicker said...

Tom: DANCE. Please.