Monday, January 2, 2012

Go forth



I still can not believe this is the year 2012. Holy cow. Time surely does fly.

I made a few resolutions, several of which involve getting out of the chateau more. It's so cozy and comfy here, easy to hang out - too easy. Way too easy. Yesterday I gave myself the gift of a three hour walk after which I felt refreshed and renewed. Though i still walk every day, I haven't had enough outdoor time lately. I'm reminded this morning of the benefits of communion with Father Sky, the flight pattern of birds, feeling the wind. I took at least a million pictures as I wandered. it was glorious. Later, at a "big-ass buffet" a friend hosted, everyone was telling me I looked young and fresh. It was the walk, I tell you. Walking is good for me.

Another resolution in the same vein is to travel a bit this year. I hate traveling and yes I know I'm supposed to LOVE traveling. I hate airports, airplanes. I even hate airplane jargon. Stow your personal belongings where the sun don't shine, please. I dislike living out of a suitcase, get terrible jet lag so I don't sleep, and my stomach generally hurts from the moment I leave town until I'm home again. Unfamiliar settings are overwhelming, having to engage socially is always taxing.

Yeah I am a serious deadbeat when it comes to travel but I'm feeling a need to put my feet on the crazy landscape of the west coast. I want to see friends and family I haven't seen in awhile. I'm determined to get the hell outta Dodge this year.

What will you do in 2012? It's a clean slate, the sky's the limit! Onwards and upwards, yes?

4 comments:

janis said...

why is that gorgeous chair outside? please don't tell me it is out for trash pick up!
Oh Ms Reya~
Yes Dear get outside more! Breathe in the crisp cool air. take more of your breath taking photographs. You have such an eye for angles, reflections and your perspective is so beautiful♥
So grateful I stumbled onto your blog years ago and have enjoyed you writings as much as your photos.

Steve Reed said...

That chair photo is kind of surreal. And how about visiting the crazy landscape of LONDON? :)

Reya Mellicker said...

Steve yes yes yes yes!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

i hope you will consider cleveland as a destination in your resolution travels!!

regardless i hope to see you when i travel down to dc next!!

happy new year!!