Saturday, January 14, 2012
I'm standing on a Connecticut Avenue bridge looking out over Rock Creek Park near the zoo. Creepy!
I've got a bunch of great new photos to post, but too much to say, all of which is not yet speech ripe. Here's a list of things I have nothing smart to say about ... yet.
1. I am, and am not, the superhero of my personal myth cycle. (The name of this half-formed post is "The Butterfly Effect.")
2. I'm thinking about pride as Goldilocks would address that quality; not too proud, but not deflated either. In particular I'm realizing that self-confidence (NOT arrogance) involves understanding that what I say and do has an impact.
3. When I cook, I'm happy. So my marriage wasn't actually a total wash.
4. I re-arranged the furniture in my bedroom this week, after which the feng shui within and without shifted. An old friend I've known forever started flirting with me (so weird! I'm sure this phase will pass.) Also, suddenly half and half tastes strange in my morning coffee. WTF is that all about?
5. People come and go from the saga of my life. Thinking about people who were, at one time, close friends until suddenly, from out of the nowhere (or so it seems to me) they are beamed out of my saga. Someone has recently removed herself from the saga. I'm feeling sad and perplexed about it and even though she wishes to blame me, it's very clear that she created the crisis that broke the connection. I've experienced this before; I will accept it eventually but it's so weird.
I could go on, but you get the idea. I watch the thoughts whirling around my head but for some reason I can't grasp them, I can't get them inside a cage of words. Not yet. C'est la vie!