Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Real Me: Little Missy










If you want to see pictures of modern day Nazis, check my Facebook page. It's public so you can see them even if you haven't friended me.

I feel exhausted, discouraged and as if I'm having a little bit of an asthma attack after the march of the neo Nazis down East Capitol Street today. The protestors were likewise full of evil hateful energy. Only the police were nice.

Oh and the horses. They were nice, too.

The pics above are of the words I chalked onto the street early this morning. I think they look so cool. I might make a practice of this.

I am truly and honestly a pacifist, through and through. When the protestors blocked the Nazis, I felt they were trapping all the evil energy. Why not just let them walk past? Allegedly we are supposed to have freedom of speech in the U.S. I guess that includes everyone, yes?

Since I'm going to do a ghost clearing later today, I'm thinking of lying on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon, to gather my wits about me.

Oy vey. And shalom.


Four of the DC police horses on duty today. They wear badges, just like their human riders. Sweet.
Their names, from right to left: Thunder, Willow, Seamus and Sampson. Gorgeous, unflappable and really big!

4 comments:

Carolina Linthead said...

I hope these big, beautiful public servants get an extra treat back at the barn! Shalom

Reya Mellicker said...

Me too.

Steve Reed said...

I'll go check out your photos -- but bravo for your chalked words. I agree that blocking the marchers wouldn't do much except escalate the hateful energy. Your approach seems much wiser. Hugs!

Reya Mellicker said...

Thanks Steve. I am so not a reporter!