Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Merrily down the stream



Do you believe in coincidence? I would like to, but I'm not sure I do. Timing is something I pay close attention to, since synchronicity is a significant part of the shamanic lifestyle.

Here's my trippy sequence of recent events. I dreamed recently of finding Hitler and my ex husband, dead, in my bathtub. It wasn't an upsetting dream. There was no evidence of foul play as they say on TV detective shows. My ex and Hitler were arm in arm, eyes closed, heads together. It was a peaceful scene (as can only happen in dreams). In the dream I was waiting patiently, with Jake by my side, for the police to arrive and take care of the bodies.

Considering that earlier this summer I at last walked through the exhibit at the Holocaust Museum, the dream felt just right. I faced something frightening and subsequently discovered it wasn't nearly as scary as I had imagined.

A few days after that first dream, I dreamed I found two very exquisitely crafted porcelain figures in my toilet tank - Hitler, and my ex husband. I was in awe of the figurines. They were beautiful. I remember thinking in the dream that they must be quite valuable. Of course I was astonished to find them in my toilet tank. Even in the dream I wondered what it meant.

The two dreams suggest that I am shedding internal symbols of tyranny - powerful, iconic symbols - that no longer have power over me but are in some weird way very precious to me. It is a gentle letting go, thank God.

Yesterday a neighbor told me that this coming Saturday morning, the Aryan Nation will gather in Lincoln Park, 3 blocks away, then march down East Capitol street past the chateau. Well. The timing of their march is incredible in terms of my personal story, relevant not only to my recent dreams but also significant because the march will take place in the midst of the High Holy Days.

Will I step out into the front yard here to read the energy, or remain indoors, drinking coffee and hanging out on Facebook? I'll let my intuition guide me.

Life is so crazy. You can not make this stuff up.

Happy Wednesday. Shalom.

4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I don't generally believe in coincidence though I'm not sure what the timing of the Aryan Nation march means.

Reya Mellicker said...

More hitler iconography I think.

Steve Reed said...

Personally, I'd watch. Should be a good freak show.

Reya Mellicker said...

I'm inclined to watch, Steve, and take pictures. Yeah.