Friday, March 6, 2009

Inside the Pyramid


The White House from Lafayette Park.

We'll never know exactly what it was that the Masons had in mind when they designed the city of Washington. We do know that they wanted the pattern of the city to convey power and invincibility. We know that George Washington, Pierre L'Enfant and all those other apron wearing magicians worshiped The Great Architect, hence all the architectural magic that went into the making of this city.

They were so precise that they didn't trust the accuracy of compasses when they laid out the pattern. Instead they used the stars to make sure that, for instance, the four quarters of the city that come together in the center of the Capitol rotunda are spot on. North Capitol Street is exactly aligned north-south. East Capitol Street? Exactly east-west. The Masons were extremely careful, which is why I don't believe the Satanist conspiracy people when they say that part of the Masonic pattern is an inverted pentacle with the White House at the top. One look at a map reveals that the supposed inverted pentacle is not perfect. It's too wide. The Masons would never have created such a sloppy shape.

The symmetry of the Masonic pyramid, however, is perfection. At the top is the White House. Logan Circle and Dupont Circle are the feet. The circle where 16th Street, Mass Avenue and Rhode Island Ave. come together provides a beautiful, architectural pattern of ballast for the pyramid. I'm sure it's no accident that Rhode Island Ave. is part of the ballast, as it is one of the oldest Indian paths in this area.

I have "climbed" the pyramid (up Connecticut, down Vermont), walked "in" it and outside of it, trying to intuit its powers, all without a single satisfactory insight. One thing though, is that I really enjoy being "inside" the pyramid. It's a landscape of good vibes.

It was only yesterday that I realized my new office space is inside the pyramid, and that the top of the pyramid, once inhabited by an evil puppet, is now the home of dear President Obama and his fantastic family. No wonder I had such a great day of work yesterday! My clients loved it and I loved it. I have such a good feeling about this new venture, oh yeah!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Fascinating story-- I knew Washington was a Mason, but didn't know about the Masonic background to the city's design. Love the characterization of GWB as "evil puppet"-- & great pix as always.

Greg said...

Wow...cool that you took a shot of JR's, my tobacconist! I have a picture of me with the Obama cutout (before they put the cigar in his mouth).

Deborah said...

mazel
they are lucky to have you
onward and upward
love you so

Lynne said...

Look at you next to Obama!! He would look better without that cigar stuck in his mouth tho ...

Is that a typical "indian chief" statue? I can't tell if he has a headdress on or not.

Greg said...

Lynne: It's a cigar store, so.... They sell those wooden Indians; they are in the style of the traditional cigar-store Indians of the past.

Evening Light Writer said...

I think Washington is such an amazing city, I would love to visit. It seems like a great place to just walk around and I do love a great walk. By the way, I love your glasses, tres chic!

Butternut Squash said...

I love the photo of you between Obama and the Indian. There you are surrounded by the future and the past, and you, a refection, neither permanently fixed in one nor the other.

Steve Reed said...

One of my most interesting walks in DC was that day we walked from Connecticut Avenue through Logan Circle and you told me all about the pyramid. As much as I'd visited DC in the past I was entirely unaware of this aspect of its history. Thanks for all your insight!

I love that last photo. It's very multicultural. :)

ArtSparker said...

Glad your first day at the new place went well. Auspicious beginning!

Fire Byrd said...

A long time ago pre 9/11 I went round the White House, well at least the East Wing... would have loved to go in the West Wing, so have to just watch the series instead!

kbrow said...

Glad the new workplace has happy vibes. That's so important. And I LOVE when you write about the Masons and their design principles. Have a great weekend.

Meri said...

Your photos resonate with me! The reflections image is just stupendous. And the musings on the layout of the city are wonderful. Have you, by chance, taken the tour under the Lincoln Memorial? Does the park service still offer them?

Amy said...

I've read about the history of the Mason's and their influence on Washington. It's so very interesting to read about such things! It all seems so mysterious and magical somehow.

Fabulous pictures! Look at you rubbing elbows with the POTUS!

Nancy said...

Fascinating post. And so upbeat - thanks for that!

The picture turned out great, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish Obama didn't have that cigar stuck in his mouth - makes him look swanky and cavalier - def."cavalier-arrogant, off-hand",and we all know another person, of evil puppet description (made me laugh) that wears that description quite well. Glad your first day went well Reya.Have a great weekend. Thanks for the interesting history you've described in this post.

Reya Mellicker said...

Meri - the Lincoln Memorial is slowly sinking into the Potomac so no one is allowed underneath anymore, until they finish shoring it up. They've been working on it forever - at least two years.

Thanks Evening Light Writer! You should definitely come visit DC - spring and fall are best, August is the worst month. C'mon we'll take a Masonic walking tour together.

Tom said...

A Mesonic walking tour sounds fascinating ... i'll bet the best tours of DC are the ones most have never heard of ... we're all too busy cracking our necks looking up the Washington Monument!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

now, i have a sudden urge to watch national treasure....

thanks for the history lesson....

Kerry said...

Masons? Why did I not know that? How extremely interesting! Your new digs sound good. And your photos, as always, wonderful.

Ronda Laveen said...

I am sure the sacred geometery of the triangle, having your workspace in its area, is very, very powerful.

And that pocket rocket that Farragut is pointing is quite provocative and stirring.

Bee said...

Your photograph, in which you and President Obama and a magnificently wooden Indian are all sharing the reflection, "illustrates" your words so well. I love that -- words and images reinforcing each other.

Barry said...

I love the reflections in the cigar store window, it has a collage feel to it and the juxtaposition of images is almost surreal.

Carolyn said...

Wonderful post and great photos. Thank you for sharing the info on the Masons. Washington is one city I would like to visit...maybe on my way home.
Smiles
P.S. I haven't been in Toronto for 20 years even though it is one of my favourite cities and yes it is a beautiful and clean city....the subway still amazes me for its cleanliness.

Mrsupole said...

Thank you for the reflection of you. So glad you are in the pyramid and can go exploring. Just think of all the fun you can have. Which part are you in?

I did not know about the Mason's, so thank you for the history lesson. That was interesting.

God Bless.

And thank you for the visit. Always appreciated.

Reya Mellicker said...

Ronda I would love to walk around DC with you sometime! The history is so compelling, so ALIVE here. I never felt that in California, even though that place is full of interesting history.

Barry, it was surreal!

Bee I always choose the pictures first, then write something about them. I'm so glad you've noticed that the text and images are related. Thank you!

Maybe I'll write more about the Masons. They put quite a spin on this city. People get lost or turned around all the time here - I think it's because of the Masonic magic.

California Girl said...

Nice background piece. I particularly enjoyed the remark about the "evil puppet". I know Pres. Obama wants to move forward but I strongly believe we need some kind of resolution to the past eight years; resolution in the form of an investigation and, if warranted, prosecution of those who led us into war with false information, lies, the destruction of evidence, ignoring our legal rights etc. I should probably blog about this...