Friday, April 18, 2008

To brood or not to brood ... is that a question?



I felt sorry for anyone who had to drive around in a car yesterday. The pope-a-thon at the new baseball stadium snarled traffic everywhere. Clients canceled their massages because they knew the heinous experience of trying to get from where they were to where I was would deprive them of any moment of peace they might attain on the massage table.

Though always a bit panicked when clients cancel (since no one pays me when I don't work), I did have the presence of mind to notice that the day was spectacular. Instead of brooding, I took a nice bike ride. Exercise instantly improves a mood.

In fact, a wonderful bike ride on a gorgeous day in a beautiful city can even disrupt a brood. Miraculous!!

11 comments:

Deborah said...

WOW-what a photo!

To hold the Capitol in your hand-

lebar mirror, that is.

Love you,

Barbara said...

Too cool a photo! Is your seat fixed? At some point I have to bite the bullet and hop on my bike with its new pedals, hoping I will be smart enough to get my feet out when I stop...

Bobby D. said...

Love the bike pic. Merle had a sassy quip about the pope on his blog. beautiful tulips!

Steve Reed said...

Hopefully those clients will reschedule. :)

Loraine said...

Gorgeous pictures! I think I need a better camera to achieve such clarity...

Professor Montblanc said...

sometimes we must mope, no?

Professor Montblanc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reya Mellicker said...

Oh yes, professor, oh my - yes!!

My camera sucks. I use photoshop to improve clarity and usually pump up the contrast. Sometimes I even correct the color, though I didn't have to for this pic. Thanks and hello intracerebral itinerary! What a handle.

Wow.

Reya Mellicker said...

Deborah: Object in mirror are larger and closer than they appear to be!

Lynne said...

Wow, what a great shot of the Capitol in your "rear-view" mirror! Awesome! (Love the backlit tulip shot as well)!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

hurrah for the red, white, and blue. you can definitely sell that tulip picture to tulip loving patriots!

perhaps you can petition the vatican to cover the money you lost - I've heard they are loaded!