Monday, April 28, 2008

Countdown



Only two more working days at Healing Arts. OMG. It's freaky.

What do other people do during times of change? I'm trying to be present with all the emotions passing through me, even though mindfulness, at a time like this, inevitably makes me dizzy. I'm a person of very powerful, conflicting feelings, always, but especially right now.

Maybe it's the overload of emotion that makes big transitions so tricky to negotiate, at least for me. I feel like I'm in a movie, in the swirl but also as if I'm watching myself from a distance.

After I make the move on Friday, surely I'll be able to write an interesting post. But until then, in the words of my secret celebrity love match Keanu Reeves, the only thing I can think to say is

W h o a !

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Hang in there! The best is yet to come. You are going to mindfully dance your way out of one space and into another. It will be fine if ONLY you just let it happen.

dennis said...

Dennis says the last days at a job are stressful --When Dennis left his job at Cathead, Pawman & Stinkybox some of the cats were nice to him and others pulled away, kind of angry that he was going on to something better. There was a weird dynamic as cats are highly sensitive and filled with feelings. Dennis felt confused and upset at times, but he tried to be extra mellow at least on the surface, so his transition would be smoother.

Bobby D. said...

Barbara is so right--they will miss you at healing arts, but we all must quest into the unknown.

Reya Mellicker said...

Cathead, Pawman & Stinkybox??

OMG you are so funny. Brilliant, actually. Maybe Dennis could write a book. I bet it would be a best seller.

Barbara, thank you. I believe you. I'm the sensitive type, though, aka Drama Queen, Princess and the Pea.

I studied for decades to become more receptive to the subtle energies - in my magic/shamanic studies as well as in body work. So I've cultivated my ability to feel everything strongly.

You can't just turn that off. Change is the way of the world. When things don't change, it's never good for anyone. I know.

But moving through the change is something else!

W h o a !

lettuce said...

hi reya! thinking of you, see you soon.

xx

Steve Reed said...

Wait a minute...Keanu Reeves is MY my secret celebrity love match!!