Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cintamani



Abundance is the energetic flow at this time of year. It's the season of the harvest, a good thing, yes? Yes. And ... a lot of work! It's not just me running around like crazy, now that the weather has cooled. It's not just me working hard, working overtime, trying to complete impossibly long to-do lists every day.

The harvest is good work, necessary work that guarantees safe passage through the winter. So all these endeavors I'm currently engaged in - the matting and framing of photos, the scurrying around to various appointments and meetings, the design of my web page and business card - are exactly what I want to be doing. All the things I'm so busy with right now lead to good things and good situations. I love it, and ... I'm not keeping up the pace I'd like to. Isn't that always the case during the harvest? How does anyone get ALL the crops in just at the perfect moment of ripeness?

My room is a disaster area because there's not enough space for all these mats and frames and the cutting board and all the plastic bags stuffed with the detritus of framing, not to mention the pics scattered everywhere, the little plastic bags for unframed but matted pics. I don't have time anyway to keep my room really clean, a stressful situation since the process of cleaning as well as the clear surfaces and shiny floors, etc. when I'm finished, are foundational components of my Plan to Stay Sane.

Stressful, too, is all the brain power I'm investing into my work with Reiki, an energy that I've been completely humbled by every day since I became a Reiki master. Both the Reiki sessions I'm doing with clients as well as the teaching I'm engaged in, require a combination of discipline and attention - yet complete and utter surrender to the greater power, however you care to see it. How can anyone do both at the same time? Reiki mastery is a sharp learning curve.

I like to goof around, sit around and do nothing, think about nothing. I like my Law and Order reruns. I like long rambling conversations with friends and long rambling walks with my dog. I like to cook and go out for lunch, I like to stare into space for an hour at a time. Really, I do.



But all that laziness will have to wait until late fall, by which time it'll be the hideous holiday season again. Yikes. This year's harvest is so plentiful, so abundant, I am overwhelmed.

And grateful! Thank you oh mysterious, generous gods of the Harvest! Thank you!!

6 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Reya: I indentify with the stressfulness involved in not being able to keep a space clean. I am obsessive about keeping my apt clean. I think it's particularly tough when you live in a small space. I hope the task of framing in itself is relaxing/absorbing...and I hope you find time for an hour or two of blankly gazing off into the middle distance. :)

Unknown said...

Like Reiki, all life is about balance, our rest times and our busy times. I like the taoist take the best though - do nothing doing. :-)

kbrow said...

Reya, I's be thrilled to read for you. Do you want a full on Celtic Cross reading - since maybe you haven't had one in awhile, or something simpler to ease into it? I love the new deck; its combination of natural world and pagan-ish images are very pleasing to me.
Is there a particular day or time you want the reading to happen? Or should I just go for it?

mouse (aka kimy) said...

"I like to goof around, sit around and do nothing, think about nothing. I like my Law and Order reruns. I like long rambling conversations with friends and long rambling walks with my dog. I like to cook and go out for lunch, I like to stare into space for an hour at a time. Really, I do."

are you my cosmic twin????? no, really! ;)

Reya Mellicker said...

Kimy: Gertrude Stein said something once about how important it is to do nothing. It's the compost that makes creativity possible. Stein didn't say that, I did.

I'm so glad to "know" you!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

oh my! it is true we were separated at birth... referencing gertrude!

likewise! next time I'm in dc we will have to do nothing together - for in the act of nothing, much is done.

compost love it!