Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Letters to the Mysterious Ones



Dear Weather Gods,

Thank you for the spectacular weekend of sunlight, dry air and nice breezes. It was splendid! It's OK by me that today you've wrapped the sky in a soft grey overcast. If you'd like to drop some rain, too, I wouldn't mind. IMO, this has been the best possible spring. Thank you.

Most sincerely,





Dear Ancestors of Chinese Medicine,

I revere you. I'm in awe of your discoveries. I'm thrilled that the systems you invented have endured all these thousands of years, passing from teacher to student all the way down to the Sufi acupuncturist. He is a genius.

Right now, while the grasses toss pollens right and left, ordinarily I would be miserable with my allergies, but because of the acupuncture and funny tea I've been drinking, I've experienced nothing more than a sniffle or a sneeze here and there. The symptoms have quickly passed. You can't imagine how grateful I am!

With great respect,





Dear Sister Fate,

I know I'm stubborn and often blind. I know it's somewhat of a challenge for you to keep me on my path. I know I forget, over and over again, that it's OK to trust my heart and intuition. Your patience with me is truly a blessing.

This weekend I shifted gears at Quiet Waters, began to relax into the space. Working there felt wonderful. It's amazing to feel welcome in a work space again. Wow. To think of how unwelcome I was at Healing Arts makes me a little sad.

I know, I know, everything happens at the right time, right? Right. Anyway, thanks.

Much love,





Dear God,

Thanks for keeping your All-Seeing Eye on me. I feel loved and cared for. Thank you!

All my heart,

8 comments:

Aileen said...

Dear Reya,

Thank you for your heartfelt words and beautiful photographs! I always like taking a glimpse at things through your eyes!

It's been a fabulous Spring!

Steve Reed said...

It's always helpful to acknowledge all the forces that are working around us and on our behalf. You've done so beautifully. :)

Deborah said...

great prayers
you are a great woman

ok
now send the dry weather back this way

Ulysses said...

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful. I got caught up for a bit in the return to the responsibility of the work week.

I send a wish for your continued clarity.

R.L. Bourges said...

this is very cool. I just dropped by here several hours after posting my own Postcards to Big River. Feels good, writing to the Powers that Be, no?
I'm more involved in the business of liquidating outstanding IOUs myself, but I'm grateful that life has provided a means for me to do so.
best to you.

Bobby D. said...

Dear Reya,

This post is beautiful. Kim is sitting here next to me--we're having coffee. We wish you were here at Ched U.
Boolah boolah~

Reya Mellicker said...

I wish I were at Ched U. too!

lettuce said...

love you reya