Friday, March 14, 2008

Temporal Spirals Bring Strong Dreams



Is anyone else having very strong dreams this week? Mine are super potent. They're waking me up, washing over me as I take my morning shower, lingering like one of Ched's perfumes through the day.

I'm even writing them down because I'm so astonished by their intensity. Also these aren't my usual dreams of looking for a cab, or trying to get the anonymous dream people out of my house. No. These dreams contain brand new themes.

My guess is that the source of this dream activity is the fact that old friends are resurfacing in positive and healing ways, helping me remember that the past, present and future are segments of a beautiful spiral of continuity, not a choppy linear stretch of disconnections. It really helps me to be reminded!

One of my oldest friends, with whom I've just recently reconnected, continually offers pieces of the ancient past by reminding me of things I haven't thought about since I was a young child. Thank you, D! You cannot imagine how helpful your memories are!

Another old friend was in town this week, a George Clooney doppelganger with brains, intuition, and a tender heart to go along with his looks. And he's not too young for me. Sigh. Fortunately or unfortunately, we know too much about each other to be romantic. What we have is great - a comfortable loving connection. Nevertheless, he is a babe.

I digress.

The George Clooney doppelganger brought me into the present moment by explaining what about me has changed since last we saw each other a couple of years ago. His insights were really helpful!

A third old friend has shown me, just by going through something in her own life, that love is a great dissolver of old messiness between people. Her life's adventures of late remind me that life is short, and point me in the direction of the future.

Past, present and future are all coming together this week via these old friends. Hey! Am I Scrooge, working my way towards some kind of rebirth? No wonder my dream life is cranked up to eleven! Wow.

13 comments:

Deborah said...

YES--Every day this week from a few days ago when Tovah had a baby (I still remember tons of that dream) to last night when I realized that the servants in a huge mansion were taking advantage of the owner (some distant relative of ours--like an Aunt) and selling invites to fake fundraisers and serving her food to these funders and pocketing the million dollars resulting.

My dilemma was huge--tell the Aunt, confront the workers, find out if they were getting a living wage???

Man, so intense--especially the maile servants in red coats.

Deborah said...

male servants--hmmmmmm

Deborah said...

PS Mama thought the spiral was the core shape of the universe and all things--like one side of the genetic strand, like the spiral shapes of the rings around Jupiter and Saturn.

I'd love to hear how your George friend thinks you've changed if you want to write me sometime.

I think about you every day and love you more than you may be able to imagine.

David said...

Especially like that second pic! Hope more spring comes out this weekend.

lettuce said...

great post reya.

and intruiging.

does that kind of close knowledge necessarily rule out romance?

Reya Mellicker said...

Not a chance for romance, which is OK. For both my friend and I, the truth is, romance is not our best thing.

Lynne said...

Yes, I've had strong and strange dreams this week.

How wonderful to connect with old friends again!

That second photo is very complex; great!

R.L. Bourges said...

strong, vivid and heart-wrenching in my case. So what's with the planets?

Reya Mellicker said...

The planets are always up to something. Your guess is as good as mine as to what they're doing this week.

Thanks, Lynn and Rothko. It is complex. I'm downtown these days once a week for acupuncture, providing a whole new world for me to capture digitally. Can't imagine working in a building like this, but I really love that spiral design on the floor! It's at K and 19th NW.

Steve Reed said...

Conversations like that about common experiences are such great reminders of the value of friendship. When you see how much you've been through with some people, well, it's really remarkable!

Barbara said...

For some reason, your intersection with these three people who have reminded you of past, present, and future reminded me of John Donne's poem:

No man is an island, entire of itself
every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main
if a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were,
as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were
any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls
it tolls for thee.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

great to hear you've been having such a wonderful week - connecting with old friends which have sparked a vivid and enjoyable dreamworld.

spring is officially just days away and rebirth is definitely in the air!

Reya Mellicker said...

Barbara I just put a sign on my mirror that says, "No woman is an island!"

You're right on the money.

Rebirth? Oh yeah!! Happy spring, mouse!