Tuesday, January 8, 2013

This and that, briefly



In my dream last night I was in a barn yard. There were many kinds of animals milling around, but what I remember looking at were the donkeys. As I prepared to leave the farm, a beautiful turkey approached. The bird was somehow able to hold up one of its feet, as a dog would, to shake hands. Its foot was soft, covered with fine white feathers. What a funny dream.

I wonder if it was inspired by one of Julia Child's cookbooks (which I've been reading and enjoying) or referred to the citizens of Washington DC: donkeys and turkeys. Probably both, yes?

Life in the "real" world is almost as surreal as the dream world. We are experiencing another non-winter in DC. Today and for the rest of this week, through the weekend we will see clear skies and temperatures around 60 F. If this was April, I would be so happy. Except it's January. 

But I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not. Do you believe me?

Shalom.

4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

after two nice days it's cold and rainy again. I've been having some crazy dreams too the last several nights only they fade from memory almost immediately upon waking. little flashes remain, like climbing up a steep hill to find my grandson and his father hunkered down in a small dirt cave or telling my grandson (?) how to prepare the bottom of a cage for a small furry animal that screamed when you picked it up and then started spouting sentences in english like a parrot.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

my dreamworld is also incredibly rich and strange these days!! of course LOVE it...i sleep to dream!!

Steve Reed said...

You're not complaining -- you're just mystified by the weather, like the rest of us are! The world is very weird these days.

Reya Mellicker said...

It is weird!