Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The luxury of unstructured time

The sky was full of puffy cloud people yesterday. When there are crepuscular rays, I believe that means the cloud people are smiling. You know how people beam when they smile? Yeah.

It's a nice rainy morning in DC. Well, not exactly nice. It's terribly humid, pretty hot, too ... but the rain is glorious. How I wish I could send this rain directly to Kansas City, my home town. They are dying in the drought back there.

I have a whole day ahead of me with no plans, nothing I really have to do. My house is clean, the laundry, too. I even ran the dishwasher yesterday. There's plenty of food in the fridge, all errands are up to date.

I'm not usually so together, but I put in some extra time getting things in order since a NY friend was supposed to come visit for the day, but plans changed. I'm sorry not to see my friend, but love a clean slate!

What do you think I should do with my day? The sky's the limit. Oh yeah. Happy Tuesday.


ellen abbott said...

be spontaneous!

junkthief said...

Agreed. Just let the day take you where it wants to, even if that isn't out into the swamp.

Gary said...

I get very lazy on these days where nothing much has to get done. It's lovely. I hope you are enjoying the respite and hope to see you soon.

Steve Reed said...

Enjoy your free day! They are a blessing!

Pam said...

I love to take an afternoon nap, but you always sound more energetic than me. Free days are wonderful.