Monday, November 21, 2011

Happiness is a warm keyboard



I'm twitching, y'all. I'm shaky, kind of in an altered state. Wait, kind of? No, I am definitely in an altered state. I decided, wisely I think, to step away from The Tell until after Thanksgiving which means I made myself go back to sleep this morning instead of writing for two hours. It was great to go back to sleep but but but but but ... my fingers are twitching, the story is foremost in my mind. Vega is giving me a look that says, "You'll be sorry to switch this off," but so far I am remembering that Vega is the product of my imagination.

Whoa.

We humans are definitely storytelling maniacs! It's one of our best things. People have described how addictive it is to write fiction, how easy it is to get swallowed up by the world of The Book. Of course I didn't really understand what they were talking about since I had never given it a go. But I get it now! Bloody hell.

I'm like a drug addict without a fix this morning. Ridiculous! A big day of work should help, yes? I say yes.

8 comments:

The Bug said...

Thanks for making me smile this Monday morning :)

Reya Mellicker said...

ha! is it funny??

The Bug said...

Yes - I love how you just dive all the way in & then have to come up for air periodically. I don't know why it amuses me :)

Speaking of diving in - I just read a blog post of Thanksgiving dinner dos & don'ts by a very funny blogger from Texas who now lives in LA. Not that you need to read anything MORE about Thanksgivine, but I feel compelled to share anyway: http://secondblooming.typepad.com/second-blooming/2011/11/thanksgiving-according-to-me.html

Reya Mellicker said...

Thanks! I do need to read more about Tday. The more the merrier!

Anonymous said...

While Vega is demanding your return to "her" story, let me distract you with the fact that my daughter and her friends are dressing up for a full-on Thanksgiving dinner this weekend. The fact that it is in a different country entirely to where the Pilgrim Founding Fathers and the Indians shared a meal, they intend to look like the very same, in modern day Berlin, most of them Australian.

Reya Mellicker said...

Pam - wow.

Steve Reed said...

Have a great Thanksgiving, Reya! Maybe taking a break from Vega will help you (and her) realize which path she needs to take to reach some kind of conclusion to the story!

Reya Mellicker said...

Steve I think I'm going to have to kill her - otherwise the story would go on and on, I would get weirder and weirder and - well - it would all come to no good.