Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A nice day for a walk

Shalom from crisp, autumnal DC.

I've been slammed at work, a good thing, mind you, and especially nice since it has been overcast and chilly. Dark, chilly days are great days to receive massage. Ahhhh.

Today I will go see the Sufi acupuncturist, after which I'm free until a late afternoon client. As if to dance in blissful shamanic alignment with me, the weather gods have produced what I think of as a perfect fall day - cool but not chilly, with abundant sunshine. I am so lucky!

While I'm walking home from my appointment this morning, I'm going to be thinking more about the world the baby boomers grew up within, a world that has, for all intents and purposes, passed away.

A mystic whose opinion I trust suggested to me once that after WWII, the sixty million souls that were killed decided to reincarnate straightaway, hence the baby boom. I've been thinking about that notion for a couple of years. Fascinating. It resonates for me, indeed. I have a lot to say about it but not today. Today it's too gorgeous to sit around on the sofa in serious contemplation. Hell yeah!

I will say this: life is good and I am grateful.

This is the fall weather as it approached Eastern Market last weekend. It was still warm at the market when I took this picture. Within an hour, the front had arrived. The temperature plunged by 20 F. Exciting!


Tom said...

will be keeping step with you!

Reya Mellicker said...

Wish you were here, Tom!

Reya Mellicker said...

We would go to the Botanical Gardens!

Steve Reed said...

That's a good frame of mind to be in, I think -- "Life is good and I am grateful" mode!