Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The luxury of unstructured time


The sky was full of puffy cloud people yesterday. When there are crepuscular rays, I believe that means the cloud people are smiling. You know how people beam when they smile? Yeah.

It's a nice rainy morning in DC. Well, not exactly nice. It's terribly humid, pretty hot, too ... but the rain is glorious. How I wish I could send this rain directly to Kansas City, my home town. They are dying in the drought back there.

I have a whole day ahead of me with no plans, nothing I really have to do. My house is clean, the laundry, too. I even ran the dishwasher yesterday. There's plenty of food in the fridge, all errands are up to date.

I'm not usually so together, but I put in some extra time getting things in order since a NY friend was supposed to come visit for the day, but plans changed. I'm sorry not to see my friend, but love a clean slate!

What do you think I should do with my day? The sky's the limit. Oh yeah. Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

be spontaneous!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Just let the day take you where it wants to, even if that isn't out into the swamp.

Gary said...

I get very lazy on these days where nothing much has to get done. It's lovely. I hope you are enjoying the respite and hope to see you soon.

Steve Reed said...

Enjoy your free day! They are a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I love to take an afternoon nap, but you always sound more energetic than me. Free days are wonderful.