Friday, June 7, 2013

Gravity is Reality



Boy did I ever get high from the wedding. The joy and perfection of the ceremony was an elixir. Add to the dizzy juice of love a couple of plane rides and - well - I was three sheets to the solar wind. I was still flying around several days after landing in DC. Woo hooooo!

Someone told me that jet lag is the time it takes your soul to catch up with your body. Truth!

Ah but every lovely flight must come to an end. What goes up, must come down. The Sufi acupuncturist brought me back to earth Wednesday. Since that treatment, I can once again smell and taste, construction noise and traffic annoy me, I've once again become very picky about what I eat, what music is playing, etc. I am back to myself.

After the treatment, he said, "You'll be of better service now." I thought at the time he meant I would be better able to care for my clients. Interesting to think about.

I don't normally consider my work to be service because I love my work, I really do. It sustains me on so many levels. It helps me. It serves me. It is grounding, satisfying, challenging and fits like a glove, more so the longer I practice. Somehow that doesn't feel like service to me.

I guess the idea of service can go both ways, hey?

Life is good and I am grateful. Shalom.


3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

isn't it great to be doing what you love? I feel for all those people stuck in jobs they hate because they let fear of the unknown cause them to choose something that they thought would be dependable.

Reya Mellicker said...

We drive ourselves crazy in our work sometimes Ellen, but yes we are very lucky!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a sufi acupuncturist - he sounds great!