Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A nice day for a walk



Shalom from crisp, autumnal DC.

I've been slammed at work, a good thing, mind you, and especially nice since it has been overcast and chilly. Dark, chilly days are great days to receive massage. Ahhhh.

Today I will go see the Sufi acupuncturist, after which I'm free until a late afternoon client. As if to dance in blissful shamanic alignment with me, the weather gods have produced what I think of as a perfect fall day - cool but not chilly, with abundant sunshine. I am so lucky!

While I'm walking home from my appointment this morning, I'm going to be thinking more about the world the baby boomers grew up within, a world that has, for all intents and purposes, passed away.

A mystic whose opinion I trust suggested to me once that after WWII, the sixty million souls that were killed decided to reincarnate straightaway, hence the baby boom. I've been thinking about that notion for a couple of years. Fascinating. It resonates for me, indeed. I have a lot to say about it but not today. Today it's too gorgeous to sit around on the sofa in serious contemplation. Hell yeah!

I will say this: life is good and I am grateful.


This is the fall weather as it approached Eastern Market last weekend. It was still warm at the market when I took this picture. Within an hour, the front had arrived. The temperature plunged by 20 F. Exciting!

4 comments:

Tom said...

will be keeping step with you!

Reya Mellicker said...

Wish you were here, Tom!

Reya Mellicker said...

We would go to the Botanical Gardens!

Steve Reed said...

That's a good frame of mind to be in, I think -- "Life is good and I am grateful" mode!